Berry Fruit Tart~




Video Tutorial:
Fruit Tart Recipe

Yield: Two 10 inch tarts

Tart Shell Sweet Dough Pâte Sucrée
5 ¼ oz butter
5 ¼ oz sugar
1 ½ tsp eggs
TT or 1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch of salt
10 ½ oz pastry flour
1/8 oz baking powder

Directions
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer
2. Add in eggs and vanilla, continue mixing.
3. Add in both flour and salt, and then the baking powder.
4. Wrap it flat, and leave in freezer or fridge until its firm enough to roll.
5. Roll flat, and lift using a rolling pin (shown in video) and place over a tart pan. Be gentle and set the sides in place, and trim the edges of the shell. I used a 10 inch tart pan.
6. Baked at 375 F until golden. Or for 10 minutes
7. Poke holes in during the baking process if the dough starts getting bubbles or poofy using a fork.

Pastry Cream (Crème Pâtissière)
1 qt or 4 cups of milk
2 ½ oz corn starch
9 oz egg yolks
8 oz sugar
TT Vanilla or 1 tbsp

1. Take 1 cup of the milk and mix it with corn starch.
2. Add in the egg yolks and mix.
3. With the rest of the milk boil it with 8 oz of sugar and 1 tbsp of vanilla.
4. Once the milk mixture boils, add it into the egg yolk mixture in a slowly steady stream, mixing quickly. 5. 5. Once its all in, return everything back into the pot over heat stirring quickly until bubbles

Simple Syrup:
½ cup water
½ cup sugar

1. In a pot heat the water and sugar until it dissolves

Decoration/Filling: Any Fruits or
Peaches (canned)
Strawberries
Blackberries
Blueberry
Raspberries

1. After adding some cream into the cooled tart pans, decorate however you want with fruits.

 Sweet dough. Tart shell.
 Tart shell.
 Fruits washed and strawberries cut.
 Simple Syrup
Pastry Cream

I think this is going to be like one of the recipes that I'll keep reusing over again in time. I love desserts and baking desserts, but sometimes I want something that's like not a cakey, not chocolateyx. And a fruit tart is just that. It just makes you feel all happy and healthy inside eating all those fruits! For my aunts birthday last Saturday, I was trying to think of something that wasn't too heavy or too decadent. I was either going to go for a fruit tart or a honey spice cake :). The honey spice cake would've taken a bit too much time, and I didn't have a bunt shaped pan for presentation, since it's for a birthday party after all. My mother literally told me, an hour before the party was going to start that there was a party that was going to go on. I scrambled my brain together and made this. What I also love about this recipe, is the tart crust. It's a sweet crust! Which is awesome~ I've always had tart shells that were more on the plain side, so this was something different, something nicer~ Decorating the fruits was so fun, you could design it anyway you want. The more variety of fruits, and the different colors the better. Sadly, my closest grocery store didn't have any kiwi in stock :( But I still think the results of my fruit tart still came out reaaal purdy :) Enjoy the recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts