Rainbows And Fluffy Clouds Heart Cookies
Same sex marriage is now legal in ALL states of United States, finally. In honor of that I made rainbow heart cookies! They're such bright, happy cookies. It made me open my eyes up more to using more different colors in my baking. I didn't realize how nice the color orange could be even. It was fun experiment with all the different colors. I like, literally have different icing colors, but I primarily use only pink or red, and red to just achieve pink. I hope seeing these cookies put a smile on your faaacee~ too, as it is to me. Have a nice day!
Video For Heart Cookies
Recipe For Sugar Cookies
(Sugar Cookie Recipe written blog and video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHjHc_Mu0dM
Ingredients for Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 5 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla, salt, mix.
- Add flour, and baking powder
- Wrap dough in saran wrap, and leave it in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Roll out dough, cut out using cookie cutters
- Place cut outs on tray lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake 400F for 5-7 minutes
- 1 1/4 oz (35 g) meringue powder
- 4 oz (120 ml/114g) cold water
- 1 lb (454 g)g powdered sugar
- In a mixer mix on low speed meringue powder and cold water (speed 2-3) for 3 minutes using a paddle attachment. Lower down the speed and slowly add powdered sugar. Raise the speed to medium high again and mix for 5 minutes more until stiff.
Tip #16 star, #4 circle
Food coloring Red, yellow, blue