Matcha Swiss Roll With Red Bean Paste Cream Filling
Green Tea Matcha Cake
- 45 grams All Purpose Flour
- 5 grams Matcha Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 70 grams Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
Red Bean Cream Filling
- 170 grams Heavy Cream
- 100 grams Red Bean Paste
- Line a 10 x 10 inch pan with parchment paper cutting the corners so it’ll fit more easily into the pan.
- Separate the eggs white and yolks. Make the meringue by whipping up our egg whites, on high speed (Because this is little egg whites and a big bowl, but if using a small bowl use medium speed)
- Once it becomes soft peaks sprinkle in the sugar, in tiny amounts, continue whisking until the meringue becomes glossy,white, and stiff. You will feel some force against the whisk when you try to stir it.
- Add in the egg yolks, and mix this until combined.
- Sift together the flour with the green tea powder, then sift it a second time into the bowl.
- Using a spatula to gently fold this together.
- Pour it into are prepared pans, and using a offset spatula we’re smoothing this out evenly tap the pan 2-3 times. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Taking the heavy cream just add into in a clean mixer bowl and whip this until stiff. Be sure to scrape the bowl with a spatula to get everything.
- (We’re not adding sugar because the sweetened red bean filling we’re adding now is going to be enough.) Whisk this for a split second on high. Refrigerate until we’re going to use this.
- Remove the cake from the oven and after 5 minutes we can start removing it from the pan, and the parchment paper
- Flip the cake onto a piece of parchment paper. and peel off the paper. Since the bottom side is the more beautiful side. We’re going to flip it once again, I’m just going to use my bare hands very carefully, and be sure to be flipping it onto a clean parchment paper.
- Let this cool completely. Add on the cream filling, even this out leaving a little under an inch on two opposite ends. Using the parchment paper roll up the cake, being sure to tuck it in from the front as you go to tightly wrap this. Using saran wrap, cover this completely and refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour before cutting.