RED BEAN FLOWER BUN
Red bean everything is my absolutely favoooriteee~ Here's a new red bean recipe that I'm sure everyone would love~ I altered the recipe for the bread to be made by hand. No special tools or a mixer required. This is also a "quick" bread recipe.
- 143 Grams Milk
- 35 Grams Egg (1/2 egg and save the other half for egg washing)
- 25 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 250 Grams Bread Flour
- 4 Grams Yeast
- 38 Grams Unsalted Butter
- Premade Red Bean Paste (Or use this recipe here:http://hungrymoomoocow.blogspot.com/2015/12/hello-kitty-and-panda-steamed-buns.html)
- Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl add in the yeast, a handful of the flour to feed the yeast, the milk, whisk this until it dissolves and no lumps appear. You will have to tilt the bowl around the find any remaining yeast.
- Add in the egg, whisk add in the sugar, whisk. Dump in the remaining flour and mix with a spatula. Add in the butter and salt last. The butter doesn't have to be fully incorporated yet. Remove from the bowl and knead on the table for 7 minutes. The last minute or so grab a handful of flour to remove any dough from your fingers and continue kneading.
- The dough may still be sticky and thats okay, shape into a ball and place in a clean bowl, covered until it doubles in size 1-3 hours.
- Release the gas in the dough by pushing down on the dough. Divide the dough into 60 grams each and shape into a ball. Rest the dough for 20 minutes with saran wrap covered loosely over it.
- Flatten the dough out and fill with 35 grams of red bean paste each. Securely seal the dough and place it seam side down. Push the ball flat and using a bench scraper or a pair of scissors make cuts for the flower design.
- Place on a half sheet pan. I made about 8 buns with the last ball a little on the small side. Egg wash with remaining 1/2 egg add in a tablespoon of water, whisk together and lightly brush the buns with it. Sprinkle on sesame seeds generously and bake in a preheated oven of 350°F for 18 minutes or until golden.
FLOWER RED BEAN BUN VIDEO TUTORIAL:
FLOWER RED BEAN BUN STEP BY STEP PHOTOS:
|4. Flatten the dough out and fill with 35 grams of red bean paste each. Securely seal the dough and place it seam side down. Push the ball flat and using a bench scraper or a pair of scissors make cuts for the flower design.|