OVERWATCH PACHIMARI BUNS
Overwatch is my current game addiction, and I've always wanted something Pachimari in real life. But Overwatch/Blizzard unfortunately doesn't make any Pachimari merchandise.. Yet. So for now I made Parchimari buns~ Here are a couple links to my other steamed videos if you're interested in other ways I've made them:
CHARSIU PORK VIDEO: https://youtu.be/yIvcSyNpOis
RED BEAN PASTE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/cJYsmxFhgCQ
GUDETAMA BUNS: https://youtu.be/MuZaZFRKjkg
HELLO KITTY AND PANDA BUNS: https://youtu.be/cJYsmxFhgCQ
PIG FACED STEAMED BUNS: https://youtu.be/ix6ETnsnOtU
RECIPE FOR STEAMED BUNS
- 1 Tablespoon (Or 1 Packet) Yeast
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour (White Lily)
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Food Coloring: Red for Pink, Blue and Yellow for Green, and Black
POSSIBLE FILLING OPTIONS
- Red Bean Paste
- Char Siu Pork
- In a large bowl add in the 1 pack of yeast (1 tbsp yeast) add in a handful of the 4 cups of flour to feed the yeast, and all of the warm water. Using a whisk, mix until dissolves and no lumps remain.
- Add in the rest of the flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt. Fold this together with a spatula, add in more water if needed in 1 tbsp increments.
- Once it comes together you can pick it up and it'll all comes up at once. Knead this on the table for six minutes. Cover and let it double in size for 2-3 hours
- Divide the dough up in (6) 4.0 oz each, and the extra dough will be decorations
- Shape the 6 pieces into balls, may need time to let it rest. Give it a thin top by rolling the top against the table.
- Color extra pieces green, pink, and black.
- Using bench scraper cut out the green leaves, place four pieces onto a square parchment paper or printer paper. Place the main body on top the leaves.
- Make eyes using black, and cheeks and mouth using the pink. The mouth was rolled out and shaped using a pair of scissors. Glue the facial features onto the body using a dab of water
- Cook in a steamer for 12-15 minutes.