Shiawase Pancakes (Soft Soufflé Pancakes)
Super adorable and fluffy pancake recipe!
Recipe for Japanese Soufflé Pancakes
Recipe By ひかりママ＊
Tools needed: Griddle, large circle cookie cutters, mixer
- 4 Eggs
- 32 Grams Granulated Sugar
- Dash of Cream of Tartar (optional)
- 8 Grams Mayonnaise
- 12 Grams Lemon Juice
- 32 Grams Whole Milk
- 92 Grams All Purpose Flour
- 6 Grams Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pam Oil for griddle and cookie cutters
- Powdered Sugar for dusting (optional)
- Separate the yolks for the whites and be sure to not taint any of the whites with the yolks.
- In a bowl add in the 4 yolks, 8 grams mayo, 12 grams lemon juice, and 32 grams of milk, and whisk it together.
- Add in 92 grams all purpose flour (sifted), 6 grams of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In a mixer or a clean bowl add in the egg whites, and a dash of cream of tartar, mixing with a whisk attachment until foamy. Gradually add in the 32 grams of sugar, sprinkling it in and whipping until stiff peaks. May take 6-10 minutes. This mixture is called a "meringue" and we want it at stiff peaks when its thick, glossy, and does not wobble on the whisk when shook.
- Fold the meringue into the yolk batter 1/4 at a time very gently.
- Heat the griddle to low heat. Spray some oil onto the inside of the cookie cutters, and onto a griddle. Pour batter into the the cookie cutters, 3/4 of the way.
- Flip pancakes using a spatula and an oven mitt or towel.
- Gently press the edges of the pancakes out of the mold
- Lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Shiawase Pancake (Soft Soufflé Pancake)