Tanghulu Strawberry Recipe 冰糖葫芦 (Candied Strawberries) | SARAH KIM




Thank you DangerHunger for recommending this awesome idea to make tanghulu strawberries! I thought this recipe was going to be really simple, but I ended up failing once and having to redo it again! I didn't realize my strawberries were too wet for dipping in the sugar. The second time around I made sure my strawberries were dry completely, I didn't bother removing the stems either since I was worried the juices inside would sweat over the glaze. Also, I made sure to choose only small strawberries, just for easier dipping. It was well worth the effort because this was unlike anything I've ever tried before. It had a nice taste/texture on the outside and the yummy strawberry on the inside. Every time I think about the moment I bit into these I crave it again! I enjoyed taking these beautiful strawberry pics in my garden while all the mosquitoes bit me in my backyard lol. Be sure to send me any photos if you try this recipe out and let me know how it turns out! 

Social media@ hungrymoomoocow
Business inquiries@ hungrymoomoocow@gmail.com

Recipe for Tanghulu Strawberries
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 lb strawberries

Tools needed: 
  • Candy thermometer
  • Pot
  • Parchment Paper

Directions: 
1.) Dry strawberries with paper towel, wet strawberries can ruin the sugar. Decide whether you want them on skewers or to dip them individually now as well. (Smaller strawberries dip more easily)
2.) Make an ice bath with a bowl big enough to fit the sugar pot (Filling a pan with water and ice and set aside)
3.) In a pot add the sugar and water, stir carefully until dissolved.
4.) Without stirring, on medium high heat, cook till it reaches 300F, may take 10-20 minutes.
5.) Once it reaches 300F, remove it from the fire place the bottom of the pan into the ice bath (don't get water in sugar) to stop it from cooking. Once bubbles stop forming, remove.
6.) Working very quickly dip strawberries into sauce, tapping excess and placing it onto a parchment paper to harden. You can also use a dry measuring cup to pour the sugar over the strawberries. Reheat it the sugar gets too hard.
7.) Take all the photos you can quickly. Eat immediately because the strawberries liquids will make the candy sweat.

Step By Step Photo Tutorials

 Dry strawberries with paper towel, wet strawberries can ruin the sugar. Decide whether you want them on skewers or to dip them individually now as well. (Smaller strawberries dip more easily)
In a pot add the sugar and water, stir carefully until dissolved.
Without stirring, on medium high heat, cook till it reaches 300F, may take 10-20 minutes.

Once it reaches 300F, remove it from the fire place the bottom of the pan into the ice bath (don't get water in sugar) to stop it from cooking. Once bubbles stop forming, remove. 




Take all the photos you can quickly. Eat immediately because the strawberries liquids will make the candy sweat.




Comments

Popular Posts