Jajangmyeon (Korean Noodles in Black Bean Sauce) 자장면

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've updated the blog with a new post! I felt that this recipe really deserve an entry on my blog. Just letting you guys know I do sometimes live stream my cooking tutorial now and then on Twitch@kimmycups. So if you're free be sure to join and say Hi~ 


I'm very excited to share with everyone this recipe for black bean noodles. Growing up watching Korean dramas I always wanted to try these noodles one day, and finally this was the day. If any of you are familiar with black bean noodles, at least through watching through the dramas, you know how the Korean actors always make it look like the biggest delicacy in the world when they're chowing this down. I always wanted to know how this dish actually tasted, or if they were only faking how delicious it was. I'm letting you know it is as amazing as it looks. I in real life slurped this down as hard as the Kdramas did it. 


I want to thank Michael from YouTube for recommending that I made this recipe myself. I honestly can see myself making this recipe again and again in the future, while watching Kdramas. If anyone else have any other suggestions on what I should make next, be sure to let me know down in the comments! Stay safe everyone, and I hope you enjoy this new recipe and video tutorial that I will link down below. 


Recipe for Jajangmyeon (Korean Noodles in Black Bean Sauce) 자장면


Pork Marinade

  • 1 lb Pork shoulder, butt, chops
  • 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper

Veggie Prep

  • 1 zucchini, cubed
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cucumber, shredded, or cut into thin pieces
  • 8 oz (1 package) button mushrooms, chopped
  • 8 oz cabbage, chopped

Sauce

  • 2 Tbsp Oil (For cooking Black bean paste)
  • 5 Tbsp Jjajang Sauce (Black Bean Paste)
  • 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
  • 1 Package Jjijang noodles (Can be fresh or dry, I used Fresh)
  • 1 Cup Chicken Broth
  • 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
  • 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
  • 2 Tbsp Oil (For cooking meat)
  • 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Directions:

  1. Marinade the meat by combining diced pork, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, stir well, set aside marinating for 15 minutes. Prep and chop all the vegetables and set aside. In a small pot add, 2 tbsp oil, 5 tbsp black bean paste, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, cooking for 2-3 minutes and set aside. 
  2. In a large pot add 2 tbsp oil, add in marinaded meat. Cook until no longer pink. 
  3. Halfway through the cooking process add 1 Tbsp Soy sauce, cook until it reaches an internal 145F, or cooked.
  4. Add in the prepped vegetables, starting with the onions and the mushrooms, cooking until soft. 
  5. Add in the zucchini, cabbage, cook until soft.
  6. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Boil water, add fresh noodles until boiling water, add some oil (1 tbsp), lightly stir, cook 3-5 minutes, while stirring sometimes to prevent sticking. Drain the water. 
  7. Combine the cooked black bean sauce that’s been set aside earlier and the cooked vegetables/meat. 
  8. Add 1 Cup of Chicken Broth to the sauce. Boil and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes
  9. Combine 1/4 cup Chicken Broth with 1 Tbsp Corn Starch, and slowly stir it into the sauce, and cook until its thickens shortly. 
  10. Taste the sauce to see if it needs more seasoning, Add 1 tbsp brown sugar or to taste. 
  11.  Assembly is last, combine noodles, sauce, garnish with cucumbers, and enjoy!
 Video On How To Make Jajangmyeon (Korean Noodles in Black Bean Sauce) 자장면 







Comments

Popular Posts