4 Ingredient Green Tea Ice Cream



I pretty much used my ice cream machine asap, after freezing my bowl for at least of the minimum 6 hours. Results.. Amazing. Made delicious freshly churned green tea ice cream in less than 20 minutes. I dusted it off with some green tea powder for looks, and had some cherry blossom cookies on the side to be fancy. No longer do I have to drive all the way to the Asian mart for my green tea ice cream and bring it back home soupy. I can make aaalll I wants now. Happy me. This recipe is from justonecookbook. I'm using the Cuisinart Ice-221 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker, I wrote about it the other day on my blog here. If you're interested in learning more about it. Beware this recipe has a mild bitter green tea "authentic-matcha flavor" If you would like a lighter sweeter ice cream that some of us are used to in stores here in america, decrease your matcha powder to 1-2 tbsp instead depending on your tastes.


Ingredients
2 cups half and half (Substitution option: 1 cup of heavy whipping cream + 1 cup of milk)
3 tbsp green tea powder (Depending on if you'd like a sweeter taste, decrease to 1-2 tbsp)
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt.

1. In a pot over medium heat mix together half and half, sugar and salt and mix. Sift in green tea powder, stir until it simmers, but not boiling
2. Remove from heat, pour into another bowl, place over ice bath water.
3. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
4. Pour into ice cream mixer that's been in the freezer for at least 6 hours and churn for 25 minutes.
5. Scoop ice cream into an air tight container and freeze until its more frozen.

I always wanted to do this kind of ice cream pose I've seen done on other food blogs. There's something really beautiful about the texture of freshly scooped ice cream that really speaks to me. (fat)

Me trying too hard.



This green tea powder can be found at the 99 ranch supermarket tea section for $7.59+ tax. It can also be found on amazon for $10+ tax. It has 8.8 oz of green tea powder.

Only 4 ingredients is needed to make this ice cream, half and half, sugar, green tea powder, and a dash of salt.


Everything is combined into a pot except for the powder at first, mix for 20 seconds.

  

Sift in green tea powder stir until the liquids are hot, but not boiling but just simmering.


Cool in an ice bath for 25 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.

With your ice cream bowl thats been in the freezer for 6+ hours, start churning up to 25 minutes.


And ice cream!
Store in an airtight container and freeze it to make it more frozeny if you'd like

Comments

Popular Posts