Japanese Cheese Cake Recipe (Fool Proof)
This has to be one of my most favorite cakes I've ever made! Sort of a mix of a light cheesecake and a sponge cake. My favorite part of this recipe is probably the foolproof-ness of the recipe, and how there were no cracks in this cake whatsoever! Feel free to comment down below any questions you have for the recipe and I'll be sure to reply as soon as possible.
Tools: 8 by 2 inch Cake Pan, Roasting Rack, 10 x 10 Pan or Hotel Pan, Kitchen Aid Mixer, Whisk
Japanese Cheese Cake Recipe
- 6 Egg Whites
- A Dash Of Cream of Tartar (Optional)
- 110 Grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 55 Grams (1/4 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- 260 Grams (1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons) Cream cheese
- 57 Grams (4 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 96 Grams 7 Tablespoons Milk
- 88 Grams (¾ Cup) Cake Flour
- 28 Grams 2 ½ Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon Corn Starch
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 23 Grams (1 ½ Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon) Lemon Juice
- Prep cake pan, grease with butter with a parchment paper lined on the bottom.
- Melt Cream cheese, milk, butter, and milk in the microwave, stirring in 60 seconds intervals until it becomes completely smooth.
- Sift together the flour, corn starch and salt. Add sifted dry ingredients, 55 grams sugar, and egg yolks into the cream cheese mix until smooth
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer with whisk attachment. Whip on the speed of 2-3. Once it becomes bubbly add in cream of tartar. Continue beating on "3" until soft peaks and gradually add in the 110 grams sugar, until soft peaks. Then increase the speed to 5-6 until tiff peaks.
- Fold the meringue with a spatula into the yellow batter 1/3 at a time very gently until meringue is no longer visible.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 325°F for 60 minutes, then decrease the temperature to 320°F for another 10 minutes. Turn off and leave the oven door shut for 30-45 minutes. Cool completely.
- Best eaten refrigerated covered overnight.
- 2 Cup Fresh Strawberries (Roughly chopped, and no stems)
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Set aside 1/3 of the strawberries, combine the other 2/3 of Strawberries with the Sugar in a pot, cook until sauce thickens (Around 10-15 minutes)
- Mash the strawberries with a wooden spoon or blend in a blender. Add strawberries that were set aside.
STEP BY STEP JAPANESE CHEESECAKE