Clone of a Cinnabon





The other day I was craving some cinnabons, then I thought about like how much it'll cost for one bun.. And the 15 minute drive to the mall, and dragging myself out of sweats, and I was like forget it. I thought about I remembered a while back I made some cinnamon rolls and how easy it is really to make them, and you get SO MANY BUNS to yourself. I usually always almost have the ingredients for cinnamon rolls. It's like, flour, yeast, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and you're like SET. This is probably THE BEST cinnamon rolls I've ever made. I think it really helped following a tip given by one recipe reviewer to flip the cinnamon rolls after you're done baking... whoever thought of that was genius, and the rolls was all caramelized and juicy ugh, please do flip your cinnamon rolls over afterwards... Recipe by allrecipes, Clone of a Cinnabon 

(Before pic) And these buns are like begging to be flipped over.


Flipped over buns. UGH. THEY LOOK GREAT.



Eat me, eat me!
Recipe

Cinnamon Rolls by Allrecipes, Clone of Cinnabon

1 cup of warm milk, 110 degrees F
2 eggs
1/3 cup of melted butter
4 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoon of yeast

Filling
2 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/3 cup of softened butter
1 cup of brown sugar (I ran out of brown sugar so I combined regular white sugar with some molasses added until it was brown)

Frosting

3 oz of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of butter, softened
1 1/2 cups of confectioners' suagar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon

(For the frosting I used only 3/4 of the recipe)

Directions

1. In a bowl add 2 1/2 tablespoon of yeast, with 1 cup of warm milk, mix until its dissolved. Add 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the two eggs. I then added everything into a mixer bowl and used a dough hook, and added  the 4 1/2 cup of all purpose and mixed it for 15 minutes. *You can do this or just knead it by hand.* Put the dough in a clean bowl, and cover until it doubles in size.

2. To make the filling, combine the 2 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon and 1 cup of brown sugar.  

3. Punch down the dough, roll it into a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough into a rectangle, 16 x 21 inches big. Make sure the butter is softened enough to spread the butter onto the dough by hand. and spread it all over the surface of the dough. sprinkle the filling over the dough, leaving the edges free of sugar by an inch. Roll up the dough tightly, and pinch the edges to seal them shut, and the sides. Cut in pieces with a bench scraper, knife, or floss, or whichever you have. Recipe is supposed to make 12 but I made about 10. 

4. Lay the rolls in a baking dish lined with parchment paper or wax paper so you can flip the rolls later easily. Cover, and let it double in size. Bake it at 350F for 30 minutes, or until when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

5. While the rolls are baking, combine all the ingredients for frosting together and have it ready.

6. Flip the the buns over immediately after baking, and frost using half the frosting. Then wait 10 minutes, and add another layer of frosting. 

7. Enjoy.














Comments

Popular Posts