Hotdog Sesame Bread


With Butter
Without Butter



Hello there Mr. Buns Buns. Where have you been all my life? Oh just around? Nomnom. For this recipe I used my Hokkaido Bread Recipe as a base. Rolled them out to three into 9 balls, started with the first ball while the others were resting, and rolled it to 3 times the length of a hot dog. Then I wrapped them around the hot dogs. Covered it and let it get a little more poofy, about an hour. Brushed them with some egg wash and sprinkled sesame seeds over them. I baked them in the oven at 400F until they reached this goldeny color. To finish it off I brushed some melted butter for taste and the beautiful color. I'm in a.. process of making the video tutorial for these.. stay tuned. And I'll update this page once it's ready.

Yield about 9 bun buns.

Recipe

Ingredients
Tangzhong Water Roux Starter
1/3 cup flour
1 cup water

Bread
540 grams flour
86 grams of sugar
8 grams salt
11 grams yeast
2 eggs
113 grams heavy cream
tangzhong you've just made or 1 cup
2 tbsp butter

Color/decoration
sesame seeds
3 tbsp melted butter
Egg Wash- Egg, Some water


Steps:


1. Make Tangzhong Starter. Combine flour and water in a pot, mix constantly. Once lines appear, continue mixing for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, set aside and cool down.

2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, yeast in a mixer. Set aside and change mixing bowls to a new one.

3. Combine egg, heavy cream and butter in a mixer. Swap again for dry ingredients bowl

4. Combine both bowls together, mix for one minute using the dough hook

5 Add 1 cup of TangZhong you've made. Mix on the "4" speed setting on your mixer with the dough hook attachment for 15 minutes straight 

6. Turn off mixer. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Let it rise for 1 hr in a warm area. (I used the top of my fridge)














Comments

Popular Posts