Cranberry Orange Scones



I've been making tons of breakfasty type pastries lately. Oh, and love love this scone recipe. The glaze really ups the taste of the scone, and scone itself is just buttery flakey perfection. I had oranges and dried cranberries, and I wanted to eat scones, so I figured why not make an orange cranberry scone~ I pretty much woke my parents up at 8 am in the morning to try these. You'd think it would be annoying to be woken up so early, but my mom made it some kind of rule if I was baking late at night and had it ready even at like 3 or 4 am, she insists that I wake her up for hot fresh pastries. I just finished editing the video tutorial on these, and it was extremely painful since all I could do is think about how I want more of these scones. Now I'm like writing and blogging about it. I must not love myself. Off to eat nao~ The video will be updated onto this blog entry as usual, once everything is done processing. **UPDATE, video added below**





Recipe for Cranberry Orange Scones

INGREDIENTS

Scones
4 cups flour + 1/4 cup used for later
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
3/4 pound of unsalted butter
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup dried cranberries

Egg Wash: 
1 egg
2 tbsp of milk or water

Orange Icing Drizzle:
1/2 cup powdered sugar + 2 tablespoon
4 teaspoon of orange juice

Directions
1. In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment mix together the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest.
2. Combine whisked 4 eggs and heavy cream in a bowl, then slowly pour it into the mixing bowl on low speed.
3. Combine 1/4 cup of flour and 1 cup of dried cranberries in another bowl, then add into mixing bowl, scrape the bowl and paddle attachment and mix.
4. Dust the table with flour. Flatten the dough out, then roll it out with a rolling pin.
5. Dust the circle cookie cutter, and cut out 12 or more scones lay on a tray lined with parchment paper, wax paper or silpat mat.
6. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
7. Making the drizzle is optional, but highly recommended, Combine 1/2 cup of powdered sugar+2tbs p of it with 4 teaspoon of orange juice to make a smooth icing. Using a fork drizzle it over scones that have been out of the oven for 15 minutes.
Enjoy.

VIDEO:

































Comments

Popular Posts