Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
Omnomnomnom. I love chocolate chip oatmeal. My mom loves it, my little cousins loved this. They keep very well in my little plastic baggies and still remain nommy. You can pack the dough up in some parchment paper and saran wrap, bake them extra dough later if you prefer freshly baked cookies like I do. This cookie is chewy, with the perfect amount of oatmeal and chocolate chips<3
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 cut of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oat
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Soften the butter by cutting them up. Or you can leave it out on a table until it softens.
- In a mixer bowl beat the butter for at least 20 seconds.
- Add in the light brown sugar + white sugar and cream it together with the butter.
- In a small bowl lightly beat together 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- A little at a time add in the egg mixture into the creamed sugar and butter bowl to let it absorb properly. *remember to scrape the bowl at least once so everything including stuff at the bottom is well mixed*
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and salt
- Add in about half of the dry ingredients while mixing on low. Add in the rest and stir until its moistened (when you no longer see any white powdery stuff) This will look a little more wet than what you're used to, but that's okay since we're using tons of oats and flour here.
- I don't want to over mix so take the cookie dough out of the stand mixer, and stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chip until the oats and chocolate is divided evenly in the bowl. Make sure to get the bottoms of the bowl.
- Prepare baking pans with Silpat mats (A fancy and awesome reusable baking mat) or parchment paper. (Don't use foil because that ruins everything unless you don't mind scraping cookies off foil) Scoop the dough out with and ice cream scoop for even sized cookies, spacing them at least 1 1/2 inches apart from each dough.
- Sprinkle some white sugar over each cookie, and press it down with a fork.
- Bake at 325F until the edges golden lightly.