Vermicelli Noodles Recipe With Step By Step Photos
Here is another recipe brought to you by my mother! It is another Cambodian dish that is frequently eaten at our home. In it there are vermicelli noodles, shrimp, slices of beef, a handful of herbs and veggies, and it is flavored with fish sauce. After eating this simple meal it gives me this light, healthy, guilt free feeling from eating something so full of veggies. The herbs were actually even grown at our own home, and freshly picked for this meal!
Vermicelli Noodles Video
Vermicelli Noodles Recipe With Step By Step Photos!
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 9 oz beef
- 15 oz peeled shrimp
- In a pot combine 4 cups of water with 1/4 teaspoon salt, boil.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds
- Strain the shrimp out of the water, place on a plate.
- Add the beef in the same water, cook for 10 minutes, cover with a lid.
- Strain the beef out of the water, place on a plate
- Slice shrimp in half
- Thinly slice the meat.
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1 3/4 cups of boiled water
- 1/4 cup of boiled water
- 5 pieces of chili
- 4 pieces of garlic
- 1/2 cup of distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a pan cook the peanuts until brown, cool down and peel the shells
- In a blender, add peanuts and blend.
- In a bowl add fish sauce, 1 3/4 cups of boiled water, sugar, vinegar, and peanuts
- Blend together 1/4 cups of water, chili, and garlic. Add to the bowl
- 10 cups of water
- 24 oz of vermicelli noodles (2 packages)
- 2 leeks
- Oil (to sauté)
- 11 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Heat the oil, add in the garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add the leeks, cook for 10 seconds, remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- Boil 10 cups of water
- Cook vermicelli 6 pieces at a time for 30 seconds, strain from the water.
- Lightly top with garlic and leek mixture over noodle (1 tsp each piece)
- Continue to layer noodles with leek mixture and noodles over each other.
- 5 cups of bean sprouts
- 2 sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups Thai basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups of mint
Arranging The Noodles In The Bowl
- Add some noodles to the bowl, herbs and vegetables, shrimp, beef, and add the amount of fish sauce to your liking. OR 10 pieces of noodles, 5 piece basil leaves, 5 pieces of mint, 10 slices of shrimp, 1/2 cup of meat, 1/2 cup of lettuce, and 1/4 cup of sliced cucumbers and 1/24 cup of fish sauce.