Homemade Pot Stickers Video, No Wrappers? No Problem!

















I was watching Korean Dramas one night, "The Birth of a Beauty" and the main girl character, of course had a craving for pot stickers, and was stuffing her face. Then I felt like I had to have pot stickers! (Koreans dramas always do this to meee) I haven't had Pot Stickers in like, year. But, of course I didn't have any wonton wrappers laying around. I went onto Google and the wonton wrappers ARE possible to be made from scratch. It takes a little bit more effort making your own wrappers, but those of you who live in the middle of nowhere... or just don't have an asian grocery store nearby, or just don't want to make that extra trip to the grocery store (me) this recipe is for you~ I like to brag, too. That I made things completely from scratch without having anything pre made.

Pots Sticker Recipe

Filling
1/2 ground pork
1/2 medium cabbage chopped finely
1 green onion chopped finely
2 slices of fresh ginger root chopped finely
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon oil
Optional: 1 tbsp Sesame seeds 

Wonton Wrappers

1 egg
1/3 cup of water
2 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt

Directions:
Demonstrated in this video:


To make the filling, just combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl, mix, cover, set aside and refridgerate while you make the dough.


In a bowl with the flour and salt have it ready. Combine egg and water. Make a hole in the center of the flour, pour in egg/water mixture, mix, adding 1 tsp of additional water if its not coming together enough.

Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes


Rolled out as thin as I could. Making sure to rest the dough in between if it didn't want to budge anymore


Dust with flour so it doesn't stick. Cut with circle cookie cutters.

Add 1 tsp of filling, seal the edges with water, and make sure to close off any air,

Add pleats if that's what you're into.



In a pan cook for 30 seconds-1 minute with oil

I just threw them onto a baking tray while I fried the rest.

In another clean pot (without hot burning) add 3/4 cups of water, cook for 10 minutes. Please don't mix the hot oil with water unless.. just don't.



Eat.














Comments

Popular Posts