Emergency PMS Chocolate Cupcakes With Ganache Filling Recipe



I really don't recommend anybody baking, or moving during their periods. There should be like some law that a woman is allowed to just lay in bed, bleed out, snack on chocolate, and drown in her own tears, sweat, blood, and Taylor Swift albums until its done and over with. Especially when you're like me, and I'm like the extreme version of everything PMS is. I have every possible PMS symptom, heavy flow, acne, emotional, crying, at my boyfriend blaaming him, that its completely his fault that my body is currently shedding the lining of my uterus. Tmi, sorry. I'm not saying these cupcakes will help with all that, but they will somewhat ease your pain. If you're a boyfriend, or someone that cares about a woman in pain, make these cupcakes, you can't go with like chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. It's basically three kinds of chocolate shoved together, and you can't possibly go wrong with that.

 I didn't realize that I actually deleted all the photos of the steps off my phone before even uploading it. I only have some pics, so I hope it'll suffice. I really hate following tutorials without enough pics or a video to back up if it was/legit/simple/nommy enough. I would've done a video, but the title of this blog really says it all. This cupcake recipe really was video worthy, so I feel a bit of regret there. Personally, I really would use/make this recipe again though. I put together a recipe that fit most with whatever ingredients I had on hand. I was a little worried the frosting would taste odd without vanilla, which I didn't have, and I wasn't going to drag my lifeless bod out the door for it either. But I figured the taste of the cocoa powder would be overwhelming enough to make it taste good, do the job and did. I'm sure with vanilla it would've made it even more delicious, but I couldn't tell a difference, and neither was it earth shattering that I didn't have vanilla hand.. The frosting was perfect tasting, piped beautifully, easy to work with, the cupcakes were moist, delicious, ganache made it crazy good. If you want to refrigerate these, place them in like a tupperware/airtight container. And when you want to eat it, set it outside until it reaches room temperature (for about 30 minutes to an hour) Unless you're into really cold cupcakes. But I think the cupcake tasted better being brought to room temp.

Recipe

For the Ganache Filling:
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

1. Combine everything together in a bowl, microwave for 20-30 seconds until warm. Wait 30 seconds, stir gently until smooth, Refrigerate 30 minutes

For Chocolate Cupcakes:


    1/2 cup (42g) cocoa powder
    3/4 cup (95g) all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
    1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar (or sugar mixed with molasses until light brown)
    1/3 cup (80ml) oil
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk(Or 1 tsp of vinegar +1/2 cup of milk stirred and left alone for five minutes)

Yield 13-14 cupcakes Bake at 350F

1. Mix together cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl mix together eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together
2. Fill cupcake liners in cupcake pans only half way. These cupcakes fluff up pretty well. Bake for 18 minutes

For Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
 

    2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
    3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    4 tablespoons heavy cream


1. With a paddle attachment mix butter to soften. Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt (all sifted) Mix. Add vanilla and heavy cream. Mix until it looks fluffy.

For Decorating:
Wait for cupcakes to completely cool, using a tablespoon carve out a hole in the center of your cupcake, I only cut out like maybe half an inch deep, and pushed my way down a bit, piped in ganache, and added swirls of butter cream on top with a 1M piping tip. This recipe makes extra frosting. So feel free to go crazy/generous/elaborate with the frosting because you will have some left over. Whatever you do with the leftovers is between you, the cupcakes, on one lonely Sunday night.

Instagram is like seriously giving me a hard time to steal my own photos.
Like why make me go through all the trouble to screen cap, open paint, and crop this.


I remember seeing that they actually sold "cupcake corers" My cupcake corer=a tablespoon, me scooping it out, and pushing the cupcake's center a little down for more ganache room.




Comments

Popular Posts