Soft And Chewy Homemade Caramel Candies


Caramel Candy

These candies are SO addicting. I don't even want to share this with the rest of my family, I kept most of it in this bag in my room. This recipe is pretty simple for a caramel recipe. I totally recommend for anyone that would love to try! Recipe was from Allrecipes "Chewy Caramel" I heated the caramel sauce to 248F rather than the temperature they gave, but even then it felt a little too soft for me. I recommend maybe going a little more than 248, about 250-254F I think its all about the preference on how soft you want your caramels. But a lot of complaints were there about the original temperature of being waaaay too low, and more of a candy dipping consistency. I'm a little sad that I didn't make a video for this. But maybe there will be one in the future~

Recipe 

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 pound brown sugar
1 (14 oz) can of swetened condense milk
1 cup light corn syrup
1 pinch of salt

Directions

1. Prepare a pan lined with wax paper greased with oil (but i didn't grease mine and had a terrible time, so I recommend you save yourself the heartache and grease yours)

2. Combine all ingredients into a pot, stir constantly until it reaches 248F-254 (depending on how hard you want your candy to be. less time=softer)

3. Pour into your prepared pan. Let it set for 20 hours or more. But do NOT freeze them, they WILL stick to your wax paper.

4. To start cutting the candy, pull the candy out by gently pulling the wax paper with candy still on it, off from the pan. With a bench scrapper or knife trim the edges. Cleaning your tool when it gets overly difficult to cut. Cut into squares or rectangles. (I cut mine into squares, but when I wrapped them they smooshed into rectangles) Using wax paper, roll your candies up, and twist the sides gently or else they'll rip.

Blogging about this just made me hungry for more caramels.

Enjoy!







Comments

Popular Posts