Chinese Bakery Styled Hot Dog Buns
300g all purpose flour
1 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
8 hot dogs
+ 1 egg and a few drop of water for brushing on dough
Optional: 3 tbsp of melted butter for brushing in the end
1. In a mixer using a whisk attachment mix together 300g flour, 1 tbsp yeast ,1 tbsp sugar, 6 salt. Mix for one minute
2. Add one whisked egg, 170g warmed milk at 90F, and 30g butter. With a dough hook attachment, mix for 8 minutes on speed setting 5.
3. Shape into a ball and let it rise for 90 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 8 balls, let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten dough into ovals, cut the sides, and cross over the flaps.
6. Cover dough, preheat oven 400F
7. Egg wash (Using 1 egg, few drop of water mixed) brushing egg on dough.
8. Bake for 8 minutes on 400F and 3-5 minutes on 350F
9. Optional: Brush with melted butter over hot buns.
Cross dough over. If this step is too confusing, maybe watch Youtube video.
Brush on egg+water. Bake at 400F for 8 minutes and 350 for 3-5 minutesIf you'd like to, brush the hot buns with melted butter.