1/2 cup egg whites
4 oz sugar
2 oz powdered sugar
2 oz almond meal.
1. Make meringue, in a mixer whip egg whites until foamy. Then slowly start sprinkling in your sugar. Whip until stiff peaks.
2 Sift together almond meal and powdered sugar, fold into whipped whites slowly and gently.
3. Pipe into 6 inch cake circle sized swirls.
4. Bake 300F 30-40 minutes, or 200F overnight.
Swiss Butter cream
1 cup egg whites
7 oz sugar
1 lb butter
1 tbs coffee extract
1. In a double boiler, constantly mix egg whites and sugar until temperature hits 120F
2. Quickly in a mixer whisk on high until mixture has cooled down, or mixing bowl feels cool to touch.
3. Slowly add in softened butter and add in coffee extract
4 oz sliced almonds
1. Toast Almonds in the oven 350 F until golden.
1. Trim your layers with a six inch cake circle using a knife to cut.
2. Add butter cream to each layer, leaving the last layer untouched. Add cream to the sides.
3. Add almonds to the side.