Pillowy Soft Egg Bread 3 Strand Braid



Video Tutorial:







Ingredients

4 cups flour
2 teaspoons yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter (diced)
2 tsp salt
2 whole eggs 3 egg whites. (save one yolk for brushing dough)

Directions

1. In a mixer add 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of yeast, tablespoon of sugar. Using a whisk attachment, mix for 1 minute.
2. In pot mix 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons of diced butter until lukewarm and 110F. This will happen pretty fast, even before the butter completely melt.
3. Add milk mixture into flour mixture, mix in mixer using dough attachment. Mix for one minute. (Before pouring in milk mixture make sure its lukewarm, if it is hot, this will kill the yeast) Cover mixture and let it rest for 10 minutes
4. Gradually add in whisked 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. Slowly pour in the rest of the flour (remaining is 2 cups) as your dough hook mixes slowly in 1/2 a cup increments of flour on speed 1.
5. In with your last addition of the flour add 2 teaspoon of salt. Mix for 5 minutes on medium high speed. (Make sure you mixer doesn't fly off the counter top)
6. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour and 10 minutes or double in size.
7. Divide your dough into three strands each 15 inches long, make a braid. Like, a regular three strand hair braid. Pinch the top and ends, tucking them under. Bake 400F 30 minutes.

From: http://roxanashomebaking.com/braided-easy-egg-bread-recipe/















I don't want to bother anyone with my rants while they're trying to bake breaad so I'll just leave them on the bottom. 

Yaaay I hope you guys do try this bread recipe, its so fun and easy to make. And the bread comes out delicious and fluffy~ Though.. I think I say that just about every bread recipe here. And there's just this beaauutiful red crust. I don't know if it's a normal thing, but the bread dough smelled.. reallly goood.

There are so many ways to shape bread.. and I find that *exciting* I was searching for braided breads on google since I've always been wanting to try it. There's apparently like 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.. +?? strand braided bread styles out there. I was going to be like, YES. NEED TO DO 9 OF THAT BAT. But I decided it was best.. to just work my way up to it since It was my first time braiding bread. lol. 

I'm looking forward to trying bread braid #4 next time! So I hope everyone comes back and checks it out when I do :) Good day~

Comments

Popular Posts