No Eggs Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Ice Cream
Summer is coming, and we need more ice cream! I actually love the original ice cream base that I've used for my previous Baked Alaska post, but this recipe was more no fuss, no eggs. If you want your ice cream, now, now and to just throw everything into a bowl and be done with it, this is the recipe you've been looking for. Just a few drops of red food coloring gave my ice cream this beautiful pink color. Though this recipe can always omit coloring, if you prefer it that way. I think homemade ice cream beats store bought by tastes easily. The only drawbacks I see with homemade ice cream is not being able to keep it for too long. You just need to eat your ice cream as soon as possible, which isn't ever an issue for me.
Recipe for Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Puree your strawberries in a blender, combine the strawberries with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add ice cream mix into a ice cream machine and churn for 30 minutes or according to manufacture's instructions. Freezer bowl must be frozen in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Add ice cream into a container, cover and freeze for a few hours or overnight.
**Note: Depending on the size of your ice cream machine you may have to use half of the mix at a time.**