Romantic and Fluffy Chocolate Soufflé

Chocolate Soufflé

I love, love, love this soufflé! I think I ate almost half of what we made that night. Just writing about it right now makes me wished I had some more soufflés. It was a Sunday night and me and my little cousins were having another one of girl's night in with Dominos pizza and YouTube videos. (While the rest of the family went out and did worldly things) I am pretty low on ingredients for baking, but we managed somehow to find this adorable flourless chocolate soufflé to make for dessert! I have to give my little cousin most of the credit.. She did most of the work, and I sat there and supervised. I am so proud how smart and talented she is with baking! Can't be more satisfied with the outcome of this recipe, I can see myself making this again..in a few days. I smelled like a chocolate soufflé for the rest of the night, and I couldn't be more happier. 


Recipe for Chocolate Soufflé

Ingredients

  • 1 tbsp of unsalted butter + extra to brush onto ramekins
  • 6 tsp of sugar + extra to coat the ramekins 
  • 6 oz of chocolate chips
  • 6 tbsp milk or heavy cream
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 6 egg whites
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
  • powdered sugar for dusting (or granulated sugar that has been blended to powder)


Note: Bake at 375 Degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.

Chocolate Souffle Video Tutorial:




Step by Step Souffle Photo Tutorial


Made with <3


Chocolate chips, egg whites, heavy cream, butter, extra butter, egg yolks, salt, sugar. and a brush

Ramekins

Generously brush butter onto the inside of the ramekins. Coat with sugar and pour out excess.


Make a double boiler by adding 1 inch of water into a pot.

With large bowl place it over the pot, making sure the water does not touch this pot

Add 6 oz chocolate chips, 6 tablespoons of cream, and 1 tbsp butter and stir occasionally until this melts.



Remove from heat, wipe the bottom of the bowl. stir in 3 egg yolks.

Add 6 egg whites, 1/8 tsp of salt, and 1/8 tsp of cream of tatar  into a clean mixer bowl

Mix the egg whites on speed 5 until soft until it gets this bubbly. Gradually add in 6 tbsp of sugar, sprinkling it fairy dust style. Continue mixing until stiff peaks on speeds 6-7




Stiff peaks. Shiny, thick. And it should look like you made fluffy clouds in a bowl.

Soften your chocolate by adding 1/4 of the whipped egg whites(meringue) into your chocolate and mixing it with a whisk




Adding 1/4 of the meringue at a time, but folding with a spatula.



Add souffle mix until a piping bag.



Fil them 3/4 of the way of your souffle, depending how fluffily you want them to rise. I put a little over 3/4 in mine. 

Bake souffles at 375 F for 15-20 minutes, or until when shaking the souffle, the center doesnt move. (opening the oven door too often can deflate your souffle) Souffle will deflate very quickly, so serve immediately.




Dusted with powdered sugar. (If you don't have powdered sugar you can blend regular granulated sugar until it becomes powdery, which is what I did for this souffle)



Comments

Popular Posts