Pink Mochi with Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Mochi Ice Cream
Regular store bought ice cream mochi costs way too much for me to enjoy. By making them homemade I'm able to enjoy strawberry mochi guilt free, my tiny pocket wise. This recipe makes 12 mochi opposed to the six that it normally comes in packages. I even went the extra mile and made my own strawberry ice cream. And everything is so much better homemade especially ice cream. Feel free to mix up the flavors for the ice cream and the colors of the mochi!
Strawberry Mochi Recipe
1 1/2 cups of glutinous rice flour
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cups water
2 drops of food coloring
1/2 cup cornstarch
+ Strawberry Ice Cream
**Note: You can change the food coloring and the ice cream to a different flavor and color.**
- Scoop ice cream using an ice cream scoop into ball shapes. Place each scoop onto a cupcake liner. Scoop at least 12 and keep them in the freezer until needed.
- In a microwavable safe bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of glutinous rice flour and a 1/4 cup of sugar. Add in 2/3 cups of water and stir. Add in 2 drops of red food coloring or until desired shade of pink is reached.
- Loosely cover the bowl with saran wrap, and microwave the bowl for 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Re-cover the bowl again loosely with saran wrap, microwave for an additional 1 minute.
- In a half sheet pan with a silpat mat (this can be done without that also) dust your pan with corn starch. Roll place your mochi in the center and roll out a rectangle. Cut out 12 pieces and layer them in between square shaped saran wrap to prevent sticking and to be use for a later step.
- Take out one of the ice cream balls, and wrap them in mochi. Keeping them seam side down, place into a small cup and back into the freezer.
- Let the mochi firm up for a few hours in the freezer.
Strawberry Mochi Ice Cream Video: