Cute Pocky Sticks Recipe


Ingredients for Pocky Sticks:
 

1/4 Cup Condensed Milk
2 Tbsp Water
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Sugar
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg
Dash of Salt
1/4 Cup Butter


For Decoration:

Wilton Candy Melts
Sprinkles
 

Original recipe calls for 1 cup of flour. I added an additional 1/4 because it was just too wet for me. And I made this recipe twice and it worked fine with 1 1/4. But it could just be me. So I suggest trying out 1 cup first, and if its too watery, add an additional 1/4. Keep in mind you will be leaving these in the freezer to stiffen the dough.
Best to use candy melts, or chocolate meant for.. covering stuff or dipping kind of..stuffs :D
to get an even coating. I bought the ones from Micheal's craft store. You could probably get it from Walmart, or any cake decorating supplies store.
You can use this to make cake pops!


If you do decide go with Wilton Candy Melts, buy them from Michaels Crafts store! They always have coupons from where I live. Just check online on their site, its usually one item 40%, or entire purchase 15% of or so, and closer to holidays they have even better deals. They also even accept coupon on smartphones (: Maybe even bring extra coupons too! Whenever I go to Michaels I always have coupons in hand ready all eagerly waiting to get my 40% off, and other people in the line sometimes ask me about it and I offer them one of mine lolol.

Source: http://blog.junbelen.com/2011/04/12/how-to-make-chocolate-covered-pocky-sticks/
(But I changed the recipe a bit with the flour, flavoring etc)


I have both pics tutorials and a video versions:



These are regrettably not the best pictures I can give you, but I still wanted to provide you step by step tutorials with pics. Cause I think step by step w/ pics tutorials are yay:



Mix together 1/4 cup of condensed milk 
and 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.

Use a mixer with a paddle attachment
Add in 1 1/4 cup of flour
2 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg
Dash of Salt 
Mix for a total of 5 minutes on low speed.
Add in 1/4 cup a butter.
Mix until it forms a ball

Flatten dough out on saran wrap. 
Wrap it.
Freeze for 30 minutes.
Or refrigerate for 20 hours. 
The choice should be obvious

Form a small ball with the dough.
Then roll into a cylinder.
Using the back of a clipboard tilting 
it at angle, roll your dough evenly.
Tilting it to keep it even. 
You can use any type of flat board as long as it doesn't stick to your pocky.
I do not recommend using flour to roll out the dough, it only makes it harder to work with. 
Place dough on oiled pan without parchment paper or foil.
Should be thin as, or smaller than a chopstick.
Too thin is bad too, your sticks can break when dipping into chocolate. Too thick, your pocky sticks will look chunky. Keep in mind when dipping them into chocolate will make it thicker.
While its on the pan you can reshape, cut, and make your sticks even.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-25.
This varies depending on the thickness of your pocky sticks and the strength of your oven.
The thicker pocky's take 20-25, and are harder to eat.
Thinner ones go for 18-22, and burn faster, easily
Melt your candy melts or chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 seconds intervals.
Reheat your chocolate again if it cools down too much.
*Use a microwave safe container or bowl.
*Use oven mitts or a towel to handle the bowl, it might be too hot.
* You can also use a double boiler to melt chocolate
Simply dip chocolate in, spooning the chocolate over the stick, turning it to coat it evenly.
I made my own pocky stick stand.
By drilling holes into a box and going over it with a pair of scissors.
Place pocky sticks in stand.
Decorate your sticks carefully with sprinkles.
If you don't have a box, use a styrofoam,
or place the pocky sticks on a tray with the tip balancing on the edge of the tray.

Comments

Popular Posts